MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc has so many ideas for preparing pheasant that we offer a free cookbook to encourage you to try our products at home. I have selected two recipes from our cookbook that are both delicious and easy to prepare. In fact, they are so easy, I like to prepare them together and add a salad, for the perfect feast. I can prepare both dishes in a half hour, and each recipe takes about 15 minutes to cook. This is the perfect way to entertain. Don’t spend the whole day in the kitchen, make your meal special, and have lots of time to enjoy your company! Visit us at pheasantfordinner.com to see all our fabulous ideas for simple feasts.
Grilled Pheasant Kabobs
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 to 1 ½ pounds pheasant breast strips
1 jar sliced jalapeño peppers, 4 ounces
12 slices bacon, cut into thirds
6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Cut the pheasant breast into 36 pieces and place the pieces in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the juice from the jalapeño peppers over the pheasant and marinate it for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Drain the marinade from the pheasant.
- Place a slice of jalapeño pepper onto each piece of pheasant breast, and wrap with a bacon strip and slide onto a skewer.
Place 4 to 6 rolled wraps on each skewer. Place kabobs on the grill and frequently turn for approximately 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and grilled. Remove the skewers from the grill and plate the pheasant.
Using an oven:
Turn on the broiler; place the skewers on a baking pan. Keep the pan 6 inches away from the heat source to avoid cooking too quickly. Broil each side for 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisply, then turn them and broil for 10 additional minutes. Remove the skewers from the oven, and plate and serve immediately.
BBQ Pheasant and Gouda Pizza
1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
1 cup spicy barbecue sauce
2 skinless, boneless Pheasant breast halves, cooked and cubed*
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
1 cup chopped red onion
2 cup shredded Smokey Gouda Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the pizza crust on a medium baking sheet.
- Spread the crust with barbecue sauce.
- Top the crust with pheasant, cilantro, pepperoncini peppers, onion, and cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- You can substitute smoked pheasant for regular pheasant and then switch over to traditional Gouda cheese.