Please mark your calendar for March 3-6th, 2024, to attend the International Pheasant Management Seminar hosted by MacFarlane Pheasants in beautiful Wisconsin! This year’s event will take place in Beloit, Wisconsin, at the Ironworks Hotel. Accommodations for attendees are at the Ironworks Hotel or the Hotel Goodwin, located across the street from the Ironworks Hotel. Both locations are offered at a special rate of $129.00 per night for the seminar duration.
Registration is $600 for attendees and includes all seminar workshops. Registration also includes Sunday dinner, and all lunches and dinners on Monday and Tuesday. To register online, please click our link or call us at 608-757-7881.
We are also inviting vendors. Registration is $950, including a booth and Sunday dinner, all lunches, and dinners on Monday and Tuesday. Each additional person is $600. If you want to register as a vendor, please call Sarah Pope at 608-757-7881. Vendor spaces are limited, so please don’t wait to reserve your space!
We are excited to offer an outstanding itinerary for this event.
Registration begins at 3:00 on Sunday, March 3, 2024. We will take you by bus at 6:00 pm to the Prime Quarter Steak House, with dinner at 6:30 pm.
Monday Seminar Topics Include:
- Pheasant metrics
- How to design a new hatchery
- Air, food, and water technologies
- Livability in game birds
- During the afternoon, you will tour MacFarlane Pheasants by bus
- Dinner will be at the Butterfly Club
Tuesday Seminar Topics Include:
- Avian influenza in France
- Breeding pheasants indoors
- Controlling input costs
- Contingency plans on your farm
- After lunch, the topics will be: brooding and the transition from hatchery to flight pens, pheasant diseases and prevention, and an MTM pheasant farm tour.
- Social hour and dinner at The Ironworks Hotel
Wednesday Morning Seminar Topics
- We will begin the day with a hands-on activity, sexing day-old chicks
- A necropsy lab will follow this activity
- Information on complying with Federal DOT guidelines
- Gut health and its impact on nutrition
- What to do when your birds get sick
- We will adjourn at noon on Wednesday and send you off with lots to think about on your trip home.
We have tremendous speakers lined up for this seminar and encourage you to look at the full itinerary to gain a full appreciation of this event. We encourage you to register soon!