A successful Seminar 2004: Looking ahead.
MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc. presented their "4th International Pheasant Management Seminar" on March 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of 2004. Previously, three seminars have been provided for international and domestic gamebird growers. The seminars touched on a variety of subjects and offered chances for those starting and those in the business to learn from seventy-five years of gamebird business experience.
Activities included presentations by veterinarians and professionals on gamebird breeding, bird health, and general management practices; discussion and exchange of ideas; and an extensive tour of MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc. The seminars have more than helped those who have attended.
"This is the best conference I've been to."--Greg Alves, Alves Pheasant Farm, Glen, CA
"(The Seminar was) very informative, best seminar on rearing gamebird..."--Royd Hatt, Hatt's Ranch, Inc., Green River, Utah
"Excellent, more educational than any seminar I've attended. Enjoyed very much..."--Susie Krug, Krug's Northwoods, Medford, WI
The open nature and the friendly forum gives those attending a chance to get to know each other and to grow in terms of knowledge and networks into the gamebird industry. Professionals in most areas of the gamebird field that spoke, were available for questions as well.
If you would like information feel about upcoming seminars feel free to call, 1-800-345-8348, or e-mail us for more information.
The following people spoke at the seminar in 2004:
- Dr. Daniel Shaw, D.V.M., Ph.D., -Professor Veterinary Science Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. Paul Patterson, Ph. D., Assosciate Professor, Poultry Science Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. Susan Watkins, Ph.D., -Extension Poultry Specialist, University of Arkansas
- Dr. Rade Spasojevic -D.V.M., M.S., Ph.D., A.C.P.V. - Consultant
- Dr. Gorica Spasojevic - D.V.M., M.S., Diplomat, A.C.P.V. - Consultant
- Dr. Vern Christensen -University of North Carolina
- Dr. John Blake, Ph.D -Auburn University
- Dr. Mark Cook -University Wisconsin
- Dr. Dan Weinstock -Consultant
- Greg Martinelli -Consultant, Cargill Feed
- Peggy Boehmer -Editor, -Wildlife Harvest
- Chris Theisen -Grow Out Coordinator, -MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc.
- Jesse Steurer -Partridge Supervisor & IT Supervisor, -MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc.
- Brian Klein -Pen Supervisor, -MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc.
- Ben Lawton -Chick Propagation Manager, -MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc.
- Bill MacFarlane -President, -MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc.