The hardy Hungarian Partridges we raise are available to order at this time. Season after season, we have sold out of these game birds, by this time of year. But, currently, we have them available to order. You can call us at 608-757-7881 to set up a pick-up or delivery. Deliveries are determined case-by-case, but there is no minimum required for pick-up at this time.
Now that you know how to place your order for our Hungarian Partridges, let me give you some facts about them:
• Hungarian Partridges are from the pheasant family Phasianidae of the order Galliformes, gallinaceous birds. The scientific name is the Latin for “partridge.” They are often called Huns.
• Huns travel in small groups called coveys in the wild and are often, found on the edge of roads and fields. They eat about 65% small grains and about 35% native grass.
• Hungarian Partridges mate for life.
• Male and female Huns look alike, and both are very vocal.
• The Hungarian Partridge is a little over one pound and delicious to eat. They have a delicate flavor, tender meat, and roast quickly to perfection.
• Hungarian Partridges stay put, but flush when they are found. They are strong flyers and make it an exciting challenge for hunters.
We encourage you to call soon, so you don’t miss out on adding the Hungarian Partridge to this year’s hunt! They are a rare find and a great addition to your hunt. We look forward to taking your order.