In addition to hearing speakers who will cover all aspects of the pheasant industry, you’ll have the opportunity to network, meet up with old friends, and make new ones. You’ll have many opportunities for interaction during this exceptional experience, and you’ll have the chance to develop relationships with fellow producers from all over the world, while building your knowledge base. The three-day seminar will also include a tour of our pride and joy, MacFarlane Pheasant Farm, the largest pheasant farm in the North America.
Our speakers this year will be focusing on concerns the gamebird industry faces. We’ll concentrate heavily on two major areas: biosecurity and updates on Avian Influenza. Our expert speakers will cover important topics, including diseases, breeding, health, brooding, improvement planning, gamebirds in the UK, caring for mature birds and much more. You’ll hear from experts in all areas of bird care and management:
- Dr. R. Keith Bramwell, PhD, Associate Professor, University of Arkansas Poultry Science Department
- Dr. Susan Watkins, Professor/Specialist, University of Arkansas Poultry Science Department
- Chris Theisen, Production Manager, MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc.
- Brian Davis, Brooder Manager, MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc.
- Ross Thoreson, Sales Manager, Best Veterinary Solutions, Iowa
- Jeff May, Clear View Enterprises
- Dr. Dale Lauer, Poultry Program Director, Minnesota Board of Animal Health
- Alan Pearson, Veterinary Gamebird Consultant, Garstang, UK
- Doug Anderson, DMV, Georgia Poultry Lab
- Austin Baker, Ventilation Director, Hog Slat, Inc.
- Maria Rodriguez, Technical Service Manager, Olmix
- Richard Crofts, Sales Director, Bettws Hall
- David Wacker, Owner, Prairie Land Gamebirds
- Brad Lillie, Financial Officer, MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc.
Don’t wait to register for this special event, as attendee spots fill quickly. The registration fee of $500 includes the three-day seminar, lunches, and dinners. A special room rate at the Ramada is available if you mention the MacFarlane seminar when registering by calling 608-756-4511.
A full schedule of sessions is available from Sarah Pope, MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc. She can be contacted at her e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-345-8348.