Shayne Noller oversees the daily operations of the cut room and the shipping department at MacFarlane Pheasants. The birds are processed and cleaned at Twin Cities Pack, located in Clinton, WI, just a few miles south of the farm. MacFarlane Pheasants are USDA certified and we are proud to inform our customers that this certification involves daily inspection of both the farm and the shipping plant. The cutting process at our facility prepares the birds for shipping. We stock birds in 9 different weight classes.
- 1.76 lbs.-2.01 lbs.
- 2.02 lbs.-2.27 lbs.
- 2.28 lbs.-2.51 lbs.
- 2.52 lbs. - 2.77 lbs.
- 2.78 lbs.-3.03 lbs.
- 3.04 lbs.-3.27 lbs.
- 3.28 lbs.-3.51 lbs.
- 3.52 lbs.-3.77 lbs.
- 3.78+ lbs.
The average bird is 2-3 lbs., so there is a smaller inventory of the very small or very large birds in our freezers. Our whole bird inventory is mostly comprised of our popular mid-weight birds.
The Cut Room
- Birds are delivered in food grade plastic totes.
- We have a sorting table set up with a large scale and several more totes.
- One designated person goes through each tote and weighs individual birds.
- Birds are put into a new tote based on their weight class.
- Birds now move to another table for bagging or cuttings depending on the orders for the week.
- Birds are frozen for shipping.
- The final job is to pack our pheasants in MacFarlane logo boxes, weigh them again and place them on pallets in our on-site freezer.
Our pheasants are sold at our on-line store and our brick and mortar store at MacFarlane Pheasants, 2821 US-51 in Janesville, WI. You can also visit us at our on-line store to see our products and make purchases. You won’t be disappointed! https://www.pheasantfordinner.com/consumer/home.aspx