Are you interested in raising pheasant chicks to maturity on your own farm? You won’t want to miss our excellent resource, The Insider’s Guide to Pheasant Rearing, where you’ll find tips and tricks to help you start preparing for an exciting pheasant raising adventure.
Here are some of the questions you’ll find answers to in our Rearing Guide:
- Do I want day-old chicks or started birds?
- What kind of structure do I need for the chicks when they first arrive?
- How much space do the chicks need as they grow?
- How do I handle chicks when they first arrive?
- What kind of heating and bedding do I need?
- What kind of feed do I need?
- How do I build an outdoor covered pen to protect older birds from predators?
- What kind of cover works best in outdoor pens?
- How do I protect my birds from vermin and predators?
- How do I protect my birds from disease?
- How do I protect my birds from cannibalism?
- What tips do you have for raising pheasant chicks?
Chicks will be available on March 21, 2016, at MacFarlane Pheasants, so it’s time to order. Explore our website at pheasant.com for even more information about purchasing chicks, raising chicks, and even how to visit our farm for a tour to get your questions answered in person.
Order your chicks soon, and feel free to email us with your questions or call us at 608-757-7881. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates and information. MacFarlane Pheasants, Inc. has raised millions of pheasant chicks to maturity and it is our pleasure to share our knowledge!