MacFarlane Pheasants began preparing for the 2020 Chick Season in August 2019. April Goble, Chick and Egg Sales Account Manager, recently shared the steps to getting the season up and running. If you have not yet received a 2020 Chick Catalog, you can download it from our website www.pheasant.com or request one to be mailed to you. Lastly, don’t forget you can order online at https://chicksquote.pheasant.com/all-breeds.html!
Steps to Preparing for Chick Season 2020
• The Chick Brochure is prepared with the assistance of Mary Terry Design Company and presented to April and the Management Team.
• Chick prices are set with April and the Management Team.
• April works with Chris Theisen, Logistics Manager, on the trip expense sheet, to figure out delivery costs.
• April works with the Management Team on expenses for direct ship customers.
• April updates pricing on the back end of our online system and retail system.
• April imports orders for wholesale customers.
• April sets up hatch weeks to go live online.
• The online ordering system went live in November of 2019.
• An e-blast was sent to customers via email letting them know they could begin placing orders.
• We accept orders until we are sold out of chicks. After that, we take names for a standby list. Typically, we can fulfill the orders on the standby list in a timely manner.
April Goble is your contact person and she can be contacted at 608-757-7881, if you have any questions about ordering and deliveries of our chicks. The minimum order is 10 chicks. MacFarlane Pheasants uses the United States Postal Service to deliver the chicks safely to you. We also deliver via our own delivery truck or you can pick up your order at our store. We are excited to fill your orders and look forward to working with you in 2020.